Thursday 20 February 2020

Minecraft -- Building

I honestly prefer to make the “box” look. You can make it look good without spending hundreds of hours doing a difficult look that may look absolutely awful the creator’s opinion. I can’t stand trying to make detailed houses, because I like simple but elegant. Wood? I like to match the most similar looking wood together. Adding windows, maybe different block-type walls, makes it a bit more interesting. (I can never add metal. I can’t stand it. It actually hurts my eyes.)
I’m a perfectionist, though. I can’t do the, again in my opinion, “disorganized” look some people prefer. I will go insane if I try to do that, because I will ultimately destroy it completely and start over how I prefer. Some of the designs interests me, but the roofs(?)? They make me cringe because both, or more, sides almost never look the same. That’s why I choose to do a few layers of slabs and/or stairs. I mentally and emotionally can’t stand it. This game is about personal creativity. I plan to make a better looking type of builds, but I just can’t do some designs people like because of my perfectionism. Perfectionism doesn’t mean perfect to everyone else’s eyes. It means it looks perfect in their own eyes. Me? I don’t care what others think of my creativity. (Unless, y'know, it’s art irl…)
I like to have these simple details:
- A “box” look. Not everyone likes the “I have way too much time on my hands” look.
- Four to five block tall outside walls. Width depends on my mood.
- Windows. Windows everywhere. (Although if the spaces in between each window cluster don’t match, I will add more space in the main structure.)
- Double doors.
- If I have the time and right mood, make a slab and/or stair roof.

 Overall, my perfectionism with the main structure gives so much space that I have absolutely no clue how to use it. That’s why I try to make it as small as my poor self can allow. If there isn’t enough space on the main floor, I simply add another.
In drawing, most people like my style of doing things. Some even try their hand at my style, which makes me feel so honored!

No comments:

Post a Comment